top of page

support

If you have the means, please support the following First Nations organisations and/or movements - or better yet, organise a school fundraiser and make a donation!

Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 9.59.53 pm.png
Children's Ground

Children’s Ground is a not-for-profit organisation designed with and led by First Nations people to end enduring injustice and disadvantage.

 

Children's Ground are determined for:

  • all children to live with dignity and justice, free from economic poverty;

  • First Nation's people in Australia to achieve their aspirations for their children to enjoy a life of opportunity, strong cultural identity, and personal wellbeing by having a voice over their social, cultural, political and economic future; and

  • Australia to know our history and celebrate First Nations culture.

Donations to Children's Ground will directly support their community-led approach to changing the future for First Nations children.  Program delivery accounts for the vast majority (nearly 80%) of their expenditure. The remaining 20% supports the administrative management of the organisation (e.g. Finance, HR, Communications, etc). Your donation will support children in early childhood education, health, culture and language preservation. 

NIYEC.jpg
NIYEC

NIYEC stands for the National Indigenous Youth Education Coalition. It's a growing collective of First Nations young people working together to reclaim education and design an education system that prepares young people to tackle current and emerging complex global issues.

NIYEC, in collaboration with the In My Blood It Runs documentary, leads the #learnourtruth campaign which aims to engage Principals and School Leaders to pledge to teach Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history. This includes the full reality of the actions taken by settlers that have had huge impacts on the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.

Donations to NIYEC help to develop resources and materials to reach out to schools and support young people to drive the #learnourtruth campaign.

Common Ground.jpg
Common Ground

Common Ground is a First Nations-led not-for-profit working to shape a society that centres First Nations people by amplifying knowledge, cultures and stories. Common Ground brings together knowledge, cultures and stories from a range of partners, collaborators and First Nations communities to create content and experiences that inform and advocate. This includes educational resources and campaigns.

By donating to Common Ground you will help to deliver critical projects that:

  • maintain and strengthen First Nations cultures;

  • employ First Nations people and pay Elders and knowledge custodians for their vital contributions;

  • develop educational resources for schools; and

  • advocate on important issues like education and the justice system.

Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 10.08.29 pm.png
Raise the Age

Everyone knows that children do best when they are supported, nurtured and loved. But across Australia, children as young as 10 can be arrested by police, charged with an offence, hauled before a court and locked away in prison. It's time for Federal, State and Territory Governments to change the laws to raise the age, so children aged 10 to 13 years are not sent to prison.

Join the call to #raisetheage of criminal responsibility from 10 to at least 14 by adding your name to the petition.

Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 10.10.39 pm.png
Our Islands Our Home

Our Islands Our Home is a campaign led by Torres Strait Islanders to protect their island homes. Torres Strait Islanders are on the frontline of the climate crisis, and urgent action is needed to ensure they can remain on their Islands. Right now, king tides, erosion, inundation and coral bleaching are threatening the homes and cultures of Torres Strait Islander people, while the Australian Government refuses to address the climate crisis. Eight claimants from Zenadh Kes (Torres Strait Islands) also known as the #TorresStrait8 have brought a human rights complaint against the Australian Federal Government to the Human Rights Committee of the United Nations over the Government’s inaction on climate change. Sign the petition by clicking the link below.

Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 10.13.39 pm.png
Seed Mob

Seed is Australia's first Indigenous youth climate network and is building a movement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people for climate justice with the Australian Youth Climate Coalition. Seed has a vision for a just and sustainable future with strong cultures and communities, powered by renewable energy. 

You can help to ensure that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people are supported in leading the generation wide movement to solve the climate crisis by donating to Seed today.

bottom of page